The International Cricket Council on Wednesday confirmed that, after receiving legal submissions from the Board of Control for Cricket in India, it has accepted Ravindra Jadeja's request for an appeal against the recent decision by ICC match referee David Boon.
The International Cricket Council said it will take no action against Steve Smith and Virat Kohli as no charges have been laid against the two captains under its code of conduct.
West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin has been banned for two One-day Internationals for "conduct that is contrary to the spirit of the game", the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Monday.
Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal, coach Chandika Hathurusinghe and manager Asanka Gurusinha have been banned for four one-dayers and two Tests for acting against the spirit of the game.
Australia stand-in skipper David Warner has admitted that he is usually the main 'culprit' whenever there is sledging going on but added that he understands the responsibility that comes with his new role.
The International Cricket Council on Wednesday confirmed that it has received and considered the written decision of His Honour Gordon Lewis AM in respect of his findings that England's James Anderson and India's Ravindra Jadeja were not guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel
Sarfraz's on-field taunt in Urdu was caught by stump microphones but he denied that they were aimed at South Africa all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo or anyone else in an apology he issued on Thursday.
Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal has pleaded not guilty to ball-tampering charges, prompting a hearing into the episode after the conclusion of the ongoing second Test against West Indies, the International Cricket Council said.
As if not enough with their embarrassing 130-run loss to India, South Africa were fined for maintaining a slow over-rate.
India captain Virat Kohli has been fined 25 per cent of his match fee and received one demerit point for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the third day's play in the second Test against South Africa at Centurion on Monday.
Jason Holder was previously found guilty of the same offence during the Jamaica Test against Pakistan in April.
The new set of rules pertaining to the code of conduct, DRS usage, and size of the equipment were supposed to be implemented from October 1.
Rabada was handed a one-match ban by the International Cricket Council
Sri Lankans Thirimanne, Chandimal and Prasad also charged
Indian captain Virat Kohli on Friday urged the International Cricket Council (ICC) to be more consistent in implementing rules pertaining to the players' code of conduct.
In what has so far been a non-controversial Test match in Southampton, there was a whiff of the same on the second day. England player Moeen Ali was seen wearing a pair of 'Save Gaza' wristbands during the Indian innings. The 27-year-old all rounder also wore a 'Free Palestine' wrist band while batting.
England's Indian-origin cricketer Ravi Bopara was investigated by the International Cricket Council's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit after an inquiry into this year's Bangladesh Premier League.
Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal could face disciplinary action from the cricket authorities for his comments on the International Cricket Council (ICC) policy on bowlers with suspect bowling actions including of Indian spinners.
Cricket Australia sent a letter of complaint to their South African counterparts on Friday over what coach Darren Lehmann called 'disgraceful' verbal abuse aimed at his players by the crowd in the third Test at Newlands.
ICC comes down hard on players breaking codes of conduct at World Cup. 'For a first offence, you'll likely end up with a fine which no players likes, handing back most of his match fee. But certainly a repeat offence, not only in this tournament but some players already sitting with offences behind their name, will be punished with a suspension'
The ICC approved its revised anti-corruption code, which makes it possible for a banned player to play domestic cricket before the end of his international ban.
- Bangladesh's muted celebrations after humbling India in Sunday's Twenty20 series opener did not quite reflect the sense of relief they were feeling but Mushfiqur Rahim says the side are smiling again after enduring a tumultuous few weeks.
David Warner has been cleared to play in the second Test against South Africa after accepting an ICC charge of bringing the game into disrepute.
It has been learnt that BCCI has emailed the documents along with video footage of the incident to the ICC, pressing Level 2 charges under the global body's Code of Conduct.
All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja on Monday made a comeback to the Indian team for the first two Tests against South Africa, replacing veteran Harbhajan Singh, who was the only casualty from the team which won the Test series in Sri Lanka last month.
Harbhajan Singh, on Sunday, slammed the International Cricket Council for letting off Australian opener Cameron Bancroft with only a fine of 75 per cent of his match fee and not a ban, despite his role in the ball tampering scandal in the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town.
Prem Panicker, one of the finest cricket writers, on the ICC's Code of Conduct.
They will need to bat the entire final day on a deteriorating Bay Oval pitch in Mount Maunganui on Wednesday to stop the hosts taking a 1-0 lead in the two-match series.
The chair of the ICC's Code of Conduct Commission, The Hon Michael Beloff QC has dismissed Faf du Plessis's appeal after the South African captain was found guilty of changing the condition of the ball in breach of Law 42.3 during second Test against Australia in Hobart. Accordingly, the original decision of ICC Match Referee Andy Pycroft, finding Du Plessis guilty of a breach of Article 2.2.9 of the ICC Code of Conduct will stand. Pycroft had handed a 100 percent match fee fine, and consequently three demerit points, to Du Plessis on November 22 following his hearing of the charge, which was laid by the ICC Chief Executive David Richardson.
For South Africa, Rabada performs optimally when his fires are stoked.
Cheteshwar Pujara, India's batting mainstay in Test cricket, has surged to a career-high third position in the ICC Rankings after scoring back to back centuries against Sri Lanka in the ongoing three-match series.
The International Cricket Council said that certain comments and actions by some of the West Indies players after clinching the World T20 were "inappropriate, disrespectful and brought the event into disrepute". After clinching the World T20 on April 4 following a thrilling last-over win over England in the finals, West Indies skipper Darren Sammy had launched a scathing attack on West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) in an emotional speech at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. The ICC, which held its second meeting this year at the ICC Headquarters in Dubai on Sunday, said: "The Board considered the behaviour of some of the West Indies players in the immediate aftermath of the final, and unanimously agreed that certain comments and actions were inappropriate, disrespectful and brought the event into disrepute. "The Board acknowledged an apology by the WICB but was disappointed to note that such behaviour had detracted from the success of what was otherwise a magnificent tournament and final," it added.
The ICC also announced that the captains will not carry forward any over-rate offences into the World Cup.
'Everyone is different, every board is different, and the way they deal with certain issues'
Australia retain respect for Virat Kohli despite the India captain's "absurd" and "offensive" allegations against counterpart Steve Smith, assistant coach David Saker said on Thursday.
Kagiso Rabada is appealing the guilty verdict handed to him by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for breaching their code of conduct in a last-ditch bid to be able to play in the rest of the gripping test series against Australia.
The South Africa pacer was found guilty of a level two International Cricket Council code of conduct offence of "inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with a player" after shoulder-charging Australia captain Steve Smith when he dismissed him in the first innings.
BCCI confirmed it will appeal to the International Cricket Council against it's decision to penalise Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja for his involvement in an incident with England pacer James Anderson during the first Test in Nottingham.
Warner struck a tournament-high 166 to set up Australia's 48-run victory over Bangladesh on Thursday and now leads the runs list with 447.
India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was fined 50 percent of his match fee after being found guilty of a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Code for Players and Player Support Personnel for his involvement in an incident with James Anderson during the second day of the first Test against England in Nottingham.